Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fish Filfil from Zabadani Cafe

Since my mom had one of her kidneys extracted, her doctors advised her to stay away from a red meat diet and stick to fish instead. Hence, it has been a challenge in the household to come up with different ways to prepare fish to ensure that my mom sticks with her doctor's diet recommendation yet still be able to enjoy her food. A new dish I've tried at Zabadani Cafe just gave me another great idea for preparing my fish that I can do at home. Fish Filfil is a savory dish that also makes for a great comfort food.

Fish Filfil is made with ground Spanish mackerel and seasoned with salt, lemon, fresh parsley, and Zabadani falafel mixture combining various herbs and spices. The ground, seasoned mackerel is then formed into balls and deep-fried until golden brown in color. Voila! You have a simple yet sophisticated dish that will quickly become anyone's favorite!


Don't tell me that doesn't look appetizing. Fish Filfil is available in two serving sizes: P 145 for sagheer or small, P 280 for kabeer or large serving.

Visit Zabadani Cafe at G/F of Gaisano Mall The Peak, JP Laurel Avenue, Davao City.


Stay Connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...