Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tsuru Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar – Japanese Food Haven


Tsuru is an authentic Japanese restaurant located along J. Camus Street (if you don’t know where that is, it is right across People’s Park) and situated within the same building as Hanoi, another famous restaurant in Davao. According to the restaurant’s website, they take pride in using the freshest ingredients in preparing their dishes and anyone who’s dined here can attest to the quality of their food offerings.

Being a lover of Japanese food, I didn’t require any more convincing to dine here. And I am happy to report that the restaurant has not, in any bit, disappointed me. In fact, I am keen on declaring it as the city’s best Japanese restaurant – it’s just that I love so many of them that I can’t pick a favorite!



I ordered Salmon Belly Teriyaki (PhP 370) because I had to have salmon. This dish was seasoned with a sweet sauce, which leaves a desirable aftertaste to your palate. If you love fish or salmon, this dish is a must-try. Serving is good for 1-2 persons (but maybe one if you’re really crazy about salmon. Ha!)



Luckily for me, E also loves seafood as much as I do. As if the teriyaki dish isn’t enough to satisfy our seafood craving, we also opted for the Mixed Teppan (PhP 335). It is a combination of squid, shrimp, and lapu-lapu cooked on a hot steel plate, a form of cooking originated by Japanese cuisine.



Lastly, we ordered Asparagus Bacon Maki (PhP 170). If the pic of this dish doesn’t look appetizing for you, then I don’t know what is. Even steamed asparagus tastes heaven to me, what more when you wrap it with bacon? Pure Japanese cuisine heaven right there.

I enjoyed this lovely dinner with E so much that we can’t wait to be back. There’s a sushi bar that I want to try, too. How about you? Have you tried dining at Tsuru? How’s the experience? Be sure to sound off at the comments section below. 

==========

Tsuru Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
J. Camus St., Davao City
(082) 221-0901

7 comments:

  1. The food in the photo looks delicious. I am not sure if I will eat at this place if visit Davao again. I think I will prefer to visit the "native" restaurants there. Marami kasing Japanese resto sa Metro Manila eh.

    Oh. It is cool to know that we are both Maroons. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ishmael, thanks for the visit! Yey Maroons, haha :)

      As for your comment, maybe you can include it in your food trip destinations. Oh well, I'm just a sucker for Japanese food, that's why.

      Delete
    2. Of course I can include this restaurant in my food destinations. ^_^ But it will not be in the priority list.

      Delete
  2. Yum, I'm not even a huge seafood fan but this looks so delicious. I can see why it didn't take too much convincing. hehe

    Great post!

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Priscilla, I already followed you. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One Lakeshore Drive | Davao Park District
    Location: SP Dakudao Loop,Behind SM Lanang Davao

    Davao City's Most Anticipated Condominium Township

    Megaworld's First Township Development in Mindanao, It's Like Bringing Eastwood City to Davao City, This will Be The Next Big Financial District in Davao in the Years To come.

    One Lakeshore Drive Condominium Township will have its commercial,retail center,restaurants,coffee shops,business finance district,BPO's,schools and medical tourism in the area.

    For further info,please call
    0928-430-4114
    suntrustcondo@gmail.com
    Visit: http://condorushsales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...