Thursday, June 20, 2013

Gambas from Zabadani Cafe

Gambas is a world famous dish that traces its origin to Spain and is a personal favorite of mine. Indeed, I have tried gambas from a wide range of restaurants that I have been to because I can't help but order it whenever I see it on the menu. There are a few notable versions of it that I've tried to date such as the one from Salutti and The Bagnetian Kitchen, but the one from Zabadani Cafe might just be my favorite thus far!


The aroma of this dish requires mention because it is very welcoming and appetizing - the first quality that I observed right off the bat when the waiter delivered this order on our table. The spices used on the dish truly makes it inviting even from afar.


However, the aroma is only the tip of the iceberg. The shrimp meat is soft and juicy, which clearly indicates that the shrimps used on this dish were fresh. There is also the right amount of seasoning that is a combination of salty and sweet, but neither taste overpowers the other. I forgot to ask Wadi, the owner, about the spices used on the sauce but I suspect it has crab fat in it, as most other gambas recipes do. And the sprinkling of sliced black olives at the top is the perfect way to serve up this delicious and filling dish!

Want to try out Zabadani Cafe's Gambas? Visit them at The Peak in Gaisano Mall, right beside Kublai Khan.

Like this blog on Facebook or follow on Twitter for more foodie updates and reviews.

1 comment:

  1. My hubby loves Zabadani! One time we went there and ordered steak (forgot the name) and it was soooo good. If we dine there again, we'll try gambas. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...